[squid-users] Do I need ftp-proxy ?

From: Prabu Subroto <prabusubroto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:00:04 -0800 (PST)

My LAN is using squid proxy to access the internet.

But why can my clients only use "http" protocol. So
they only can use internet browser. They cannot use
any services that using "http" protocol. So my clients
can not download something with ftp... including
accessing a pop server.

I tried to make a hypothesis...: I think...may be my
squid server only provide services for http so that's
why I installed "SuSE suite ftp-proxy". I have
configure my "/etc/proxy-suite/ftp-proxy.conf" file.
But I also find a problem.... because my clients still
can not use ftp services (connect to ftp server
outside my LAN and they also can not access pop
server).

Here I attached my "/etc/proxy-suite/ftp-proxy.conf"
file.

Anybody would like to be so generous...to teach me
solving this problem ?

ps. I am using SuSE Linux 7.2 .