Re: [squid-users] squid+ldap authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:54:00 +0100

If your LDAP directory is structured using DN:s like

 UID=<login>, O=USM

then squid_ldap_auth likes to be called as

  squid_ldap_auth -b O=USM your.ldap.server

It will then automatically construct DN:s like the above and try to bind as
these.

To test binding as a user using your favorite LDAP tools use

  ldapsearch -x -D "UID=LARRY, O=USM" -W -b O=USM "objectClass=*"

(older versions of OpenLDAP does not require the -x option)

--
MARA Systems AB
Giving you basic free Squid support