Re: Status of mail list ...

From: Kostas Anagnostakis <kostas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 20:27:10 -0700 (MST)

Hi Scott,

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Scott C. Lemon wrote:

> I was wondering if I am somehow not properly subscribed to this list ...

I was wondering if there was anybody interested in snmp-based cache
management at all ;-)

> I have not seen any mail, and I just noticed that the MIB proposal was
> updated on the NLANR site late last month ... was any annoucement sent
> to the list?
>
> I just want to stay involved ... I am working in this area currently ...

Emm, it's my fault I didn't send any announcement to the list, actually
we are constantly changing the mib and our squid implementation. The
current structure is somehow embarassing, there's definitely need for
reorganisation & generalisation.

FYI, as of beta16, snmp code is quite stable & some (sadly squid specific)
interesting information can be retrieved/plotted/whatever. We currently
use mrtg and also Advent's java snmp tools.

Greetings,
-Kostas