expanding MIB base on squid box

From: Reid Maynard <reidmaynard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

I'm in the process of expanding the MIB base (currently the squid mibs) which
Im monitoring with Cricket.

Now I would like to add standard unix type MIBs

It seems the (most likely) way todo this is to have squid forward snmp requests
to another port (forward_snmp_port #) and get handled by the stardard snmpd.

But further though makes me wonder; it seems this would blindly forward all
requests, even the squid-mib requests....and I dont want to have snmpd running
on two ports.....

Has anyone else had this situation? I'm looking for high level direction, not
hand-holding.

tia

reid
usps.gov