Re: expanding MIB base on squid box

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:17:29 +0200

There are basically three possible approaches:

1. Have one of the daemons automatically forward requests to the other.
We once in a time had this "proxying" functionality in Squid, but it has
been removed due to security issues.

2. Run each SNMP agent on it's own port, which is how it is done today.

3. Implement AgentX in Squid, making Squid a sub-agent of the system
SNMP agent.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker