HTTP/1.1 (was Re: NANOG outcome?)

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 20:17:24 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Duane Wessels wrote in ircache:
> What I got from the W3C's notes on pipelining is that HTTP/1.1
> pipelining gets you a little better latency (20%?) but the real win
> is that you transmit a lot less packets overall.

Man, doesn't that make pipelining/persistency more attractive! :)

The way it looks so far - correct me if I'm wrong - is that the
current squid state machine architecture is geared towards the
start/stop paradigm. Would it take an overhaul to support opening
the TCP connections to the peers on startup, and attempting to reopen them
when these fail?

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>