Re: MOO Meeting 970305

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 20:26:08 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

First of all thanks for posting the transcript - I can only imagine
how the virtual meeting takes place! :)

> The only thing that is a bit unclear is if objects are stale even if the
> PUT request fails.

It would seem that PUT requests should be stale at all times since there
is no reason to cache outgoing data. Another reason that would back this up
is my observation (is it true for everyone else?) that outgoing bandwidth
is much, much more plentiful than incoming.

> Then there was some discussion about URN (URI above is either a URL or a
> URN), but it seems that URN not yet formalized and as such it has no
> implication for squid (it is more as a name for something to be later
> on).

squid could act as a translator between long-lived URNs and the URLs
they map to. In fact one of the paradigms that caches encourage is that
the web is no longer an end-to-end transmission medium.

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850
iphil communications, makati city, philippines          <http://www.iphil.net>