Re: unlink bottleneck

From: Brian Denehy <B-Denehy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 22:51:15 +1100

| 4) Stew's asynch file ops
|
| My comments:
|

| #4 Stew's patch has been incorporated into Squid 1.2.x. His
| implementation requires linking with a POSIX threads library. Maybe
| not ultra portable?

I would have thought POSIX threads was fairly portable by now. I don't
follow linux all that closely, but the mainstream unix variants have had
over three years to do a library. I know, don't talk about miracles from
vendors.

| Other comments? Is #2 something that people would like to have
| in squid-1.1?

1.1 has generally proved somewhat more difficult to keep in bounds than
its predecessors in my experience. Maybe if I had 30% spare disk it
wouldn't be a problem, but I generally feel it needs more manual
cleanup. Having an unlinkd might help a lot.

| Duane W.

Another .00002K$
Brian