Re: unlink bottleneck

From: Matthieu ARAMAN <araman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 15:37:05 +0000

Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

> What's the schedule on 1.2? Is the code base diverging into
> 1.1-stable and 1.2-beta?
>
> > Other comments? Is #2 something that people would like to have
> > in squid-1.1?
>
> No, I think 1.1 should just be bug fixes and new stuff get into 1.2.
> Your thoughts?

I agree.
squid-1.1 should be a stable version.
There should be a development version where new stuff can be
implemented, things tested (and broken sometimes ...)
Just look at the way linux implements new things in 2.1, the development
version, and reinject bug fixes in the stable version after a while.
It's just that you can't implement new things whithout breaking
other things and we'll never have a really stable version if
there's not a development version in parallele.

Apart form this,I think the unlink daemon is a good idea.

Just my 2 cents...

                        Matthieu ARAMAN.