1.1.9 ftp security bug?

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 21:12:40 +0000

   Hi,

   Today, to my greatest surprize found that the site I have access to
 via ftp using account/password was blistering fast (not so usual here)
 and realized that it was coming from the cache! A simple regexp grep
 over the swaplog and accesslog showed a pretty bunch of usernames
 with passwords at different sites.
   This is NOT supposed to happen, is it? Or I am totally out of date
 with my views on security? Password protected pages should not be
 cached and shown in access.log?

 Andres Kroonmaa,
 MicroLink Online