Re: 1.1.9 ftp security bug?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 19:28:55 +0200

I beleive that the password should not appear in the logs it you are
using the "authorization" mode (user@host, not user:password@host). That
was one of the reasons why I implemented that feature a long time ago.
This should also have the sideffect that the pages are not cached.

If you are using the URL for specifying your password, then it currently
shows up in the logs, and the pages are cached, but it is a long
standing entry on the ToDo for Squid.... (but you should not use a proxy
you don't trust for sensitive information anyway...)

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m