Re: How to interpret Cache-Control: no-cache="Set-Cookie"

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 97 13:07:43 -0700

map@iphil.net writes:

>squid-dev folks, what does it involve, aside from generating the
>keys (public, private?) based on the other 'variants'?

So far as I have thought about it, cache keys are the crux.

Squid, like Harvest before it, uses only the URL as the cache key.
My sense is that to support variants, we'll need to add some
lookup functions (another layer of indirection) so that we can
quickly locate all variants of a single URL.

This also has some interesting implications for ICP.

Duane W.