Re: Windows, yeeuch

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 19:23:41 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Oskar Pearson wrote:
> The main use of squid (and all unix-based programs) is that they can be
> remotely configured properly... This would mean that we would have to
> have some kind of 'remote-configuration' util that we can use via
> (for example) a web browser.... This should probably work as a
> completely seperate project...

I am interested in working on one. In fact, I've already thought about
this.

One good prerequisite would be to allow Squid to reconfigure some
items not critical to its operation, without having to shut down
and start again. ACLs, for one, would benefit from this - you can
easily test your new configs on a live machine.

Cheers,

--
Miguel A.L. Paraz                                              +63-2-750-2288
IPhil Communications, Makati City, Philippines           http://www.iphil.net