Re: asyncio in beta12

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 23:42:25 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

I thouht you would continue on this on Squid-users.. now some for
Squid-Dev ;-).

I don't think Duane has had much time to process patches lately. It
should be safe to send yet another jumbopatch replacing all previous
patches from you. Don't wait for beta13 before sending your recent
changes to Duane, instead turn all your changes into one big patch and
send this now.

Patches to patches is hazardous. I beleive we should avoid this unless
one is fairly certain what the receivers (Duanes) sources look like.

Duane: It would help of you did release daily snapshots as you did about
year ago, especially after receiving patches. It is hard to maintain a
speedy development cycle when one is uncertain on what you have applied
to the tree, and then when the next beta is released the amount of
changes is fairly large making it hard to track your own changes.

/Henrik

Stewart Forster wrote:
> Pretty much fixed here. I've been working hard with Michael O'Reilly
> to make async more stable. We now have a production stable version
> going however we are waiting for beta13 to send in our patches
> against as we are so far ahead (sent in 6 major patches already)
> that we fear things may go awry (with the repatched patches problem).

--MimeMultipartBoundary--