Re: Squid as a simulator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:46:42 +0100

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Yee Man Chan wrote:

> Another unrelated question:
> It seems to me that when Squid remove objs, it does not sort
> the removable objs in order that puts an obj of oldest timestamp
> come out first. It just picks any buckets in the hash and then
> removes all the removable stuff in the buckets. Is this true?

Sort of. It does not remove all that could be removed, it removes all
objects that is either expired or above the dynamically calculated max
LRU age.

It only looks at one hash bucket, and is optimized to run quickly with a
reasonalbe good result. If the cache is large enought it performs very
well, if the LRU age is short (the cache cache is to small) then it does
a not so good job..

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m
Sparetime Squid Hacker