Re: private key & public key

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 09:00:23 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Yee Man Chan wrote:
>=20
> 1. What are they? How can we tell which one is the one to use?

Private key =3D=3D key to a object that is private to one client.

Public key =3D=3D key to a object that is public, and may be sent to othe=
clients (even while fetching for the first client).

> 2. I still don't know how Squid determined whether a request is
> a TCP_HIT? Please explain in terms of C code if possible. I guess
> the relevant code is in icpProcessRequest.

clientProcessRequest checks if the object may be cached based on request
method and headers.

clientProcessRequest2 checks if the request may be cached based on cache
contents (looks up the public key), and some request headers.

> 3. How to make a request becomes a TCP_HIT?

What do you want to do? When should it be a HIT?

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m
Sparetime Squid Hacker
--MimeMultipartBoundary--