misc questions

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:56:35 -0400 (EDT)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

I am building a Squid Simulator that accepts request from client but only
query a internal hash table for the size of an obj (for performance
purpose, I don't want Squid to query outside server) My goal is to see
how well Squid's original removal policy performs when running against a
200MB NASA log file. I am getting into troubles. Here are my questions:

1. How to disable all the log files generated: cache.log, store.log,
access.log and cache/log?

2. If I let icpProcessMISS call storeComplete directly instead of
calling protoDispatch, would Squid still run its storeMaintainSwapSpace
properly?

3. When I do the stuff in Question 2, I do not assign appropriate object
length to e->object_len and e->mem_obj->e_current_len to let me do some
sort of preliminary simulation. I think this arrangement should affect
Squid such that it can't conduct its own removal policy. Am I correct? If
so, please tell me the code I need to look at in order to facilitate this
change.

Thanks a lot.
Yee Man Chan

--MimeMultipartBoundary--