NT port status

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 02:39:55 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Here are a status report on the NT port using Cygnus Gnu-WIN32 b19.

The beta19 code compiles and runs out of the box.

Regexp headers are broken, but easily fixed by ./configure
--enable-gnuregex (maybe configure should detect this automatically...)

The Date header processing is all messed up due to the fact that
timezone is not a time_t (I think it actually is a function). I haven't
had any time fix this yet.

Squid requires that the install directory is mounted in binary mode, or
file size checks fails (fails to load error messages).

I got very suprised the first time got Squid to start on NT, and it
basically worked! Almost magic ;-). When the timezone problems are
resolved it is time for some serious beta testing (I can only do very
basic testing here).

It looks like we are in a very good position to build a decent NT port.
Probably requires a WIN32 programmer to get it to run with good
performance, but the transition should be smooth.

/Henrik

--MimeMultipartBoundary--