Re: Successfuly Ported/Compiled Squid on NT

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:19:43 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Rodel T. Viado wrote:

> This are the things I did...
>=20
> 1) renamed "aux" directory to "anyvaliddirname"
> 2) change any "aux" reference in "configure" to "anyvaliddirname"
> 3) ./configure
> 4) Edited autoconf.h to define "#define USE_GNUREGEX
> 5) added the following in "src/Makefile"
>=20
> EXECUTABLES =3D squid.exe client.exe\
> densserver.exe ftpget.exe unlinkd.exe pinger .exe
>=20
> 6) edited src/Makefile
>=20
> install: all install-mkdirs
> @for f in $(EXECUTABLES)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
> 7) make; make install

You didn't use b19 did you ;-)

All but step 4 is already done in b19. Step 4 is more easily done with
--enable-gnuregex but if all goes well this will be automatically
detected by the next release, and some additional differences ironed
out.

If you'd like to do a early test, then get b19 and two patches (regex_t
and timezone) from my Squid page http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/.

With these two paches b19 should configure, build and run without any
changes or configure time options. I have very limited testing abilities
in my environment and would preciate if someone could do some additional
tests before we publically announce than Squid is ready for beta testing
on the NT platform.

Then there is the question: should we stick with cygwin32 or try to
migrate to native win32 calls for networking and file I/O. Migration of
network code should be straight forward, but file I/O requires a bit of
rewriting.

---
Henrik Nordstr=F6m
Sparetime Squid Hacker