How to change to SIZE?

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:02:42 -0400 (EDT)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Dear Squid Hackers,

        I know that Squid's storeMaintainSwapSpace function is called
periodically to purge expired/LRU objects. I want to change Squid's
removal policy to SIZE (remove biggest file first) but I don't know how I
should do it. Should I pull out everything currently in the storeEntry
hash table and then sort them according to the size and purge them? I know
this is not efficient. Can anyone tell me a better way to do it?

        Moreover, since the purge is periodic, I need a constant to
determine how many bytes to be purged each time. Can anyone suggest a
mechanism to determine this constant?

        I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Yee Man Chan