Re: 1.2.beta-20 memory leak

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 17:09:42 -0600

Chris Wedgwood writes:

>On Mon, May 04, 1998 at 09:59:47AM -0600, Duane Wessels wrote:
>> cache_mem does not specify the process size limit. Doesn't is say
>> that in the squid.conf comments? I guess it should be made
>> more explicit.
>
>No - what is there is perfectly clear.
>
>I asked about the memory leak because I have a squid who's process just
>seems to grow without limit. This is with almost no load on the cache.
>
>It could be a libc buglet or perhaps I'm imagining things (not helped by the
>fact that I like to tweak the config. whilst its running and hup it all the
>time).
>
>I'll just have to profile the memory usage over a week or so and see what
>drops out.

The cache manager 'mem' page is a good way to find real leaks of
the pooled memory items.

The "high (hrs)" column tells you how long ago the highest usage was
attained. Rows with "high (hrs)" close to zero are likely candidates
for leaks.

But of course, non-pooled memory could be leaking too.

Duane W.