Re: Async-IO

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 11:03:17 +0300 (EETDST)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

On 5 May 98, at 8:58, Stewart Forster <slf@connect.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
>
> I'm interested in what changes you made to the threads library.
> Can you please send me a patch? I wrote it to operate on Solaris,
> because Solaris doesn't support thread primitives properly and I had to
> write a fairly broken implementation to work around its deficiencies. I'm
> interested in the workaround/fixes you've come up with and would like to
> test that they still work properly under Solaris.

 Stewart, what thread primitives you mean are broken on Solaris?
 If you mean missing semaphores, then you can use solaris native threads
 library's semaphores, it is ok to mix both thread libs on solaris.

  Andres Kroonmaa mail: andre@online.ee
  Network Manager
  Tallinn, Sakala 19 Pho: +372 6308 909
  Estonia, EE0001 http://www.online.ee Fax: +372 6308 901