Re: Dead Horse

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:12:38 +1200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

> Having two tags is confusing. However, both of them are important.
> Perhaps, we should have one "the amount of memory the squid should use"
> tag and then another tag that would specify the proportion between "cache
> memory" and "pooled memory". However, it is still unclear if one can track
> all the memory in use precisely (I doubt that) and what to do if Squid
> runs over the limit..

Not necessary. Some people just need to learn to read more carefully....

Although, the squid config. that comes with beta20 has memory_pools on and
no size set, so it defaults to zero with is treated as 2GB, which mean its
will grow and grow and grow if you leave this part of the config. unedited.

(I'm still pretty sure I am seeing a libc leak with one one machine though,
but the other is fine).

-Chris

--MimeMultipartBoundary--