Re: transparency - and DNS lookups

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 22:46:07 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Oskar Pearson wrote:

> Now when we are in transparent mode there is NO reason that we can't
> ignore the failure of the DNS. If the DNS fails it should just attempt
> to connect to the IP address.. as if the connection didn't have a host
> header...

Agreed.

One complication is which cache key to use. The only safe bet is a
combination of both the IP and the Host: header. There may be several
locations with different "intranet" servers using the cache, and the
"intranet" server may be a pure Host: based virtual server.

/Henrik

--MimeMultipartBoundary--