Re: Netscape V3.0.x has persistent connection troubles with Squid 1.2

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 16:39:24 -0600 (MDT)

--MimeMultipartBoundary

> On Fri, 22 May 1998, Stewart Forster wrote:
>
> Here's the unified diff that fixes the problem with Squid 1.2
> interaction with Netscape V3. Apllied against 1.2beta20 with Henrik's
> patches.

Hi Stewart,

        We probably should not disable pconns for connections between proxies
regardless of the User-Agent. The current code checks for the presence od a
Via header and ignores User-Agent restrictions if Via is present. Since you
have a better understanding of what is going on, please double check that our
implementation in b21 is what you intended to do (look for the
httpMsgIsPersistent() function, currently in HttpReply.c). B21 will be
released very soon.

Thank you,

Alex.

--MimeMultipartBoundary--