Re: bug in squid 1.2beta22

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 07:31:38 +0200

Duane Wessels wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom writes:
>
> >Duane Wessels wrote:
> >
> >> A simple solution hasn't presented itself to me yet.
> >
> >What about doing a expunge each time we get a uncacheable object? Or
> >more precicely: Each time we have retreived a complete object, expunge
> >any old version regardless if the new one is cacheable or not.
>
> You mean if the new, uncachable reply is status code 200 only?

Primary yes, but there are a whole range of other possible replies where
a old cached entry should be removed from the cache..

My list after a quick inspection of RFC 2068, based on the rule "Delete
old cached entry if it seems that the origin server has changed the type
or class of the object"

METHOD == GET
STATUS ==
  200 OK
  203 Non-Authoritative Information (same as 200)
  300 Multiple Choices
  301 Moved Permanently
  302 Moved Temporarily
  403 Forbidden