Re: IPv6-capable squid?

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:11:04 +1200

On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 09:06:02AM +0200, Michael Bussmann wrote:

> I've got just a short question: Are there any plans to make squid
> work in IPv6(-only) networks?

I looked at it not long ago.

Quite a few changes need to be made for the dnsservers, acls and a
few other places. Sooner or later myself or somebody else will make
patches available, but don't hold your breath.

One problem to consider: most (effectively all) internet sites don't
have AAAA records, only A records, so you have to support ipv4 for
out-bound connections. If you mean ipv6 only through and through,
then you need to add error conditions when the site isn't ipv6
reachable, etc.

If your interested in making the port, I can probably lend a very
minimal hand.

-cw