Re: bogus Directory Store Stats?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:42:12 -0600

Chris Wedgwood writes:

>Further to this, I shut it down and restarted it, and the problem
>seems to have gone away.
>
>It may have been that when I started it last times, requests came in
>once the first two swap store catalogs had been loaded - but not the
>third (this didn't happen this time and I shutdown the said port
>during the reload).

Well, I still think its the write error, but if you can prove
me wrong, please do. :-)

>I also noticed, upon shutdown, lots and lots of FDs were open an
>assigned to various store files with no apparently associated
>transfer for them taking place (it was pretty much idle at the
>time):

I see these too. I expect most people do. I'm not sure if they are really
leaking, or only requests which were active at shutdown. I think
the recent code has OPENFD_DEBUG enabled, so you can ask the cache manager
for 'openfd_objects' and it will show you all StoreEntries with open
swapout files.

Duane W.