Re: Efficient way of enumerating squid contents?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:09:35 +0200

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> And I would argue if done properly, its not necessarily a violation.
> For it to be a violation, the servers would have to treat FILE.blah
> and file.BLAH differently - which many servers don't.

RFC 2068, end of section "5.1.2 Request-URI"

   In requests that they forward, proxies MUST NOT rewrite the
   "abs_path" part of a Request-URI in any way except as noted above to
   replace a null abs_path with "*", no matter what the proxy does in
   its internal implementation.

Which puts us in a kind of deep water when we speak about redirectors or
case-folding of requests.

/Henrik