Re: Efficient way of enumerating squid contents?

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:20:26 +1300

On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 11:58:23PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Why do you want to change case in header information?

I don't - I just want to use header information to determine which
servers are brain-damaged.

Is the server claims to be Microsoft-IIS/3.0, then I know with a
reasonable degree of certainly, its URLs (of a certain form) are
generally going to be case insensitive.

One fix here, would be for the server to return an Object: tag, which
contains the _real_ name of the object referenced, not just the name
of the object requested, and possibly some other information about
why its different (if it is) to the requested objects name...

Alternatively, server could use 302 Location: real.object much as the
do when you specify `http://site/directory' (no trailing /).

Anyhow - I can't control what servers and other cruft other people
run, but I would like to be able to sanitize requests and responses
where possible.

-Chris