Questions

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:47:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

        I am doing some Squid log analysis. Can anyone help me on these
questions so I can keep my work going? I appreciate any help from
you.

Questions regarding Squid log files:

1. In Aug 1 sv log, I have these two "busy" URLs.

   164655179 http://sv.cache.nlanr.net:3128/squid-internal-periodic/
                    store_digest
   152234565 http://sv.cache.nlanr.net:3128/squid-internal-dynamic/
                    netdb

        Are they really requests from clients or something generated by
Squid internally?

2. I found that there is some ftp URLs look like:

ftp://ftp.dartmouth.edu/(null)

        What is the meaning of (null) at the end?

Squid questions:

1. Suppose a client stop an HTTP req at the middle of transfer. I know
then the connection between Squid and that client would be closed. How
about the connection between Squid and the web server? Is Squid always
cache complete web objects? Would it cache incomplete object due to
network failure between Squid and the web server?

2. Suppose there is a web object that is bigger than the maximum cache
size. What does Squid do?

3. For uncachable objects like URLs containing '?', Squid would not save
them on the disk and always give users TCP_MISS/200. Is that true?

Thanks a lot.
Yee Man Chan