Release sheme

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 23:27:13 +0100

Please follow the release sheme I proposed when we discussed the new
version name sheme.

Do not make a RELEASE version unless the same code has been published as
a PRE version at least a few days (preferably one week). This is to
prune out the most obvious "last change/fix" errors from the RELEASE
version.

Between the last PRE release and the RELEASE version only cosmetic
changes should be allowed, like spelling in squid.conf, changed error
pages, added/updated code comments or release notes. Having a RELEASE
version that immediately needs patching is not a good situaion..

To get more people to do the final tests before entering RELEASE, please
do a announcement that Version 2.x.PREy is now a release candidate and
that it will be a RELEASE version in a week unless some bug is found
prior to that.

/Henrik