Re: Q : RTSP support

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:49:03 +0100

As it is a non-overlapping protocol (other protocol both to the clients
and the servers) I think it is most suitably implemented as a separate
product. Squid is a HTTP proxy, and we do not gain much from mixing this
with other non-overlapping protocols.

If RTSP proxying using HTTP (like how FTP or Gopher proxying is done
from HTTP clients) is defined then I may reconsider, but due to the
nature of the protocols this is not likely to happen.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker