Delay pools; me; the next month or so

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:55:49 +0800

Well, my squid-2.1patch2 "squid-diff-9" has been out there and been used by
UQ and UWA for a little while now. UWA currently have DELAY_POOLS turned off
on our main cache, UQ have it turned on and report that the reconfigures work
fine (UWA notice on our CPU utilization graphs a significant impact of adding
delay pools compile option but not defining any, I'd like to investigate but
probably won't have the time for a while -- I'll try to find the time before
the end of this week -- the middle of the 24th is effectively the end of this
week for me -- it could have been related to other compile options I used on
that compile. I'm leaving things 'how they were' in the interest of leaving
the least possible problems while I'm away.).

I might do more work on squid this week, but I'm not sure - I have to 'tidy up'
my job list as I'm taking a little leave.

I will be in Thailand from Christmas this year till the first week of February
next year. I will be taking my notebook (a Libretto 70CT running Linux :-)
with me, and hope to do some free software work, however I won't have a
production cache to test the impact of patches on so I'll probably work on
other free software that I'm interested in. I should still be reading my
e-mail occasionally, but probably only the personally addressed messages until
I return.

David.