Re: memory-mapped files in Squid

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:10:01 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> Actually, I believe it would be benefitial to change squid to be more
> object-oriented than hack-oriented ;) More and more stuff gets tied to
> it and it becomes increasingly difficult to see all interactions.

There is virtually no doubt about that, even among C-lovers.

> I believe that everything should be turning around StoreEntry structure.

Now, just to continue to be the pain in the ass, I would note that IMO an
"everything turns around something" design would be a big mistake and as
far from OO-ness as it gets. :)

However, since the rewriting Squid from scratch is out of the question in
its current status, I will shut up and will not go into the long
discussion about "the ways the things should be".

Alex.