cachemgr interface

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:10:58 +0100

What are the future plans for the cachemgr interface?

/Henrik

    [ Part 2: "Included Message" ]

Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 00:52:08 +1100
From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben@mira.net>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>
Subject: Hit & data counting

Hi Henrik,

Would it be possible to add a tiny new feature to the cache manager - a
couple of simple statistics perhaps in "Runtime Information" which show the
*percentage* count hit rate for squid (number of objects which are hits
divided by total http and ftp requests), and the percentage data hit rate
(ie how much data as a percentage has been served by Squid to the client
which does not need to be retrieved from the wider Internet?)

I'm not a programmer at all so can't offer to do it myself, but it appears
to be fairly straightforward - just some very simple maths on the cache
manager itself...I realise the statistics are all there in their raw form,
but a very general percentage figure would be very useful :)

Reuben

Reuben Farrelly Sunbury, VIC 3429, Australia
reuben@mira.net NIC Handle: RF5822
"The only reason people get lost in thought is because
it's unfamiliar territory." - Claude Marcotte