Re: cachemgr interface

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 23:34:51 +0100

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> Since it will almost always be used by cachemgr.cgi or similar, I
> think we want as-easy-to-parse-as-possible. I don't know of anyone
> who uses this directly (eg. via telnet)

> Squid should do as little as possible. I think what it does now is
> sufficiently simple

Fully agree with this, except that I think parts of the current
implementation is to much into formatting and may be hard to parse in
some situations.

Perhaps we should gear the developent more in the direction of SNMP, and
have the cachemgr interface (cache_object://) as a convenient method to
dump selected areas of variables/counters for use by non-SNMP tools, and
leave all formatting to the frontend program.

/Henrik