Re: squidfs type thing & benchmarking

From: Eric Stern <estern@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 02:37:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> It all boils down to three things:
> 1) the effort required to incorporate COSS into Squid
> 2) the equipment you want to test Squid on and with
> 3) the expertise to run a benchmark and interpret the results
>
> I assume (1) is not a problem. Polyteam has (3). As for (2), I am sure
> PacketStorm is interested in making Squid perform at its best. Thus, it
> certainly makes sense for PacketStorm to become a "member" of our lab.
> Given that, we can probably start testing COSS and, perhaps, other versions
> of SquidFS in May. If you are interested, please drop me a line.

Quite happy to do whatever we can. However, I was hoping to get some
testing done (quick tests) within a *day* or two, but this is definately a
plan for the longer term. :)

/ Eric Stern - PacketStorm Technologies - (519) 826-9395 /
/ http://www.packetstorm.on.ca /
/ WebSpeedWare - high performance caching doesn't have to be expensive! /