snapshot available

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 00:16:29 -0600

I put up a snapshot of the current source at
ftp://tirana.nlanr.net/priv/prerelease/.

This has a new store-filesystem interface, as documented (hopefully) in
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/Prog-Guide/prog-guide-9.html. It also
has internal DNS code.

In the process of writing the store IO interface, I pretty much removed
all the USE_ASYNC_IO bits in disk.c and some other places too. My
intention is to put all that stuff in store_io_asyncufs.c. I got that
started, but its not finished. If you try running with
--enable-async-io you will certainly encounter bugs and assertions.

The 'cache_dir' option now takes a filesystem type as the
second keyword, i.e.:

        cache_dir ufs /cache1 5000 16 256

Also recognized is 'asyncufs', but its broken as described above.
This change to 'cache_dir' usage is not documented yet.

NOTE: this is not a "DEVEL" release!

Duane W.