Re: Squid source code

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 21:54:47 +0000

To do this reasonably cleanly then return a appropriate HTTP status code
and list the mirrors in HTTP headers. Then see forward.c, more
specifically fwdReforwardableStatus() and fwdReforward() for how to get
the request retried to another server.

fwdReforwardableStatus() is a quick check Squid uses while receiving the
HTTP headers to determine if the reply should be immediately sent to the
client, or delayed to be able to retry the request to another server if
needed. fwdReforward() then makes a final decision on if the request
needs to be retried, and if so retries the request to another server.
The HTTP headers of the reply is available in decoded format in
fwdReforward().

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker