Re: Cache Digests Diffs

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:42:58 +1000

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Alex Rousskov wrote:
>
> > Your best bet is probably to fetch a few digests from real caches and
> > measure the stuff you are interested in yourself. You will have to do it to
> > test your algorithm anyway...
>
> Problem is that I don't have any real caches to fetch digests from.
>
> For testing and algorithm evaluation purposes it is sufficient to have a
> couple of typical reference digests.
>
> /Henrik

I can arrange some, although they _will_ require proxy-auth. Got a batch
of 2.2s3+patches squids in production. 100 schools connected to each at
the current time. Just deployed them two weeks ago, got about 10GB in
cache each right now, but only doing around a couple hundred thousand
requests per diem, due to the fact that this is the first day back from
school holidays.

I can arrange a user-name/password....or to get a specific address wired
into the configs for digest fetching in a pinch (gotta clear that with
the boss)