2.3.DEVEL2 now on the web site

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 18:08:16 -0600

http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/v2/2.3/

This version is not as polished as I wanted, but its pretty stable
for me. I still have to add a lot of Henrik's and other peoples
patches.

One of the most significant changes is with Async IO. I'm not sure how
robust it is. It certainly didn't work well under FreeBSD, but I tend
to blame that on either FreeBSD pthreads bug, or an incompatibility
with Squid's threading. I had somewhat better luck with Linux, but
there the ethernet driver kept crapping out under a polygraph load.

To use Async IO now you have to specify 'asyncufs' as the
"filesystem type" on the 'cache_dir' line.

Duane W.