Re: Sequential sever?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:39:26 +0200

[discussion moved from squid-users to squid-dev]

There are some rudimentary information on this in the programmers guide,
and I'd recommend that you read it.

The rule for handlers in Squid is that they should never take long time
to complete. Each do a little work, and then shedule additional handlers
for future processing when there arrives more data or some time has
passed.

Almost all processing is centered around a select/poll() loop which
tells what filedescriptors there has arrived data on or is ready to
receive more data. It then calls registered handlers for these
filedescriptors taking care of whatever needs to be done on that
filedescriptor. Most of these handlers reshedule themselves to be called
next time the same operation can be performed on that filedescriptor.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker