Re: Frequency-based replacement and store_avg_object_size

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 09:28:00 +0100

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > My vote would be to change Squid to dynamically reallocate the file map
> > based on how it is being used.
>
> Sure. I just was not aware that big changes are on the ballot.

Making it dynamically grow as needed is about 10 lines. One check needs
to be removed from storeDirValidFileno, and then have the functions in
filemap.c grow the filemap when needed. I would not say it is a big
change in any way.

> My vote would be to get rid of files and filemaps then. :)

Working on that. Filemaps and files are inheritent to the UFS object
store. Other stores will have different semantics or allocation models.

/Henrik