Re: NTLM patch

From: Andy Doran <ad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 01:20:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Henrik.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Can you please describe the problem cause and workaround for POST?

Ok. Squid denys the request and prompts for authentication - this is with
a persistant connection. It looks like Squid isn't eating the POSTed data
from the denied request. I have a little hack that parses the input and
looks for a valid request method (e.g. [\n]POST, [\n]GET, ...). The source
is in work, and I have the day off tomorrow, so I'll send it here on
Wednsday.

This is with a patch you gave me to keep persistant connections open on
error. (Again, I'll post back here on Wednsday).

> The second problem sounds like a serious error. Maybe memory curruption
> related to request_t structures.

It's possible. The Squid on the production system is recieving SIGSEGV
about once daily - not something that happens with stock Squid. I haven't
managed to get a coredump yet. It does taint the cache with the 'invalid'
pages. e.g., switch back to stock Squid and the cached pages from disk are
the wrong ones.

> Hmm.. is this a child cache or a directly connected one with no parents?

Directly connected - no parents.

> Are you using any redirectors?

Nope.

> Do you have a access.log entry from a failed reqest? Which site does it
> show?

No - I don't, since I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my test
system (not enough variety of requests). Hmm. To get that variety, I may
be able to point the entire IT department to the test system. Hopefully
(!) it should screw up eventually.

> I plan on finding time to look into the details of your NTLM changes
> later on. I have archived a copy of your patch from 14 december. If you
> have a newer version please send it here.

Will do.