Re: NTLM patch

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:04:33 -0700

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> > It would be much more elegant to force a close of the persistent
> > connection in this case.
>
> Squid must eat the message data, or the client will receive a TCP reset
> and will never see the 401 reply sent by Squid.
>
> If the connection is closed or not does not matter much, other than that
> some clients are broken when sending POST/PUTs.

Eating the message body is fine. I was more referring to the ugly part
of scanning for newlines and looking for words that seem to be
request methods.

Can't we send connection: close on the "auth required" reply? There
should be a subsequent request already on the socket only when the
client is pipelining.

Doesn't 8.1.2.2 of RFC2616 come into play in the case where
Squid resets a connection like this? The client should
retry its request.