Re: your post at bestmall.com

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:58:04 -0700

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Bert Driehuis wrote:

> > Duane: Is it possible to filter the squid-dev list to only accept
> > messages from people subscribed to any of the Squid or ircache lists?
>
> One small side note: while I appreciate efforts to keep out the riff raff,
> I'd like to ask attention for one detail: to send a sensible bounce to the
> sender. It's pretty annoying to see your posts go into never never land
> because of a screw up in my e-mail system (or forgetting which address I
> used to subscribe).

Since this must be automated, the job of sending sensible bounces
belongs to the mail list software. Currently we use 'smartlist' which
has good and bad things about it. I thought the current bounces
for squid-users etc were sensible.

I think the squid-dev list should be moved to squid-cache.org, and
at the same time we can set up new mailing list software. Further,
I will make an official "plea" for someone else to take on the job
of mailing list maintenance. Any volunteers?

Duane W.