Re: your post at bestmall.com

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:45:16 +0100

Duane Wessels wrote:

> It has an autounsubscribe feature for bounces. Sometimes it
> screws up and unsubscribes the wrong person. I think you
> (Henrik) have been victim of that more than once.

True, and I think you ended up adding me hardcoded somehow.. I have
tried unsubscribing from squid-users a couple of times when the workload
has been to much, but it says I am not subscribed..

> The configuration file is kind of ugly.

Better than sendmail I hope ;-)

> It has little security. Its probably possible for anyone
> to unsubscribe anyone else.

Ah.

> It doesn't always recognize subscribe/unsubscribe
> messages sent to the list.

Oh.

> logging is not as nice as I would like. Sometimes
> its hard to find causes for problems.

I have been looking into the email list functionality provided by
sourceforge, and it seems to meet most criterias required for a
mailinglist, except that I haven't found out how it handles
non-subscribed messages... They use a software called mailman I think..

The admin interface is a really nice web based one.

It provides a reasonable level of security with acknowledgements for
subscription/unsubscription and other fancy stuff.

/Henrik