Re: COSS stuff

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:12:10 +0100

I am planning on taking a bash at it shortly in the limited environment
I have at home. I will keep you posted.

I do not have much left to do on my 2.2.STABLE5 branch now, only a
sporadic segfault which hasn't been tracked down yet. Quite hard when
Linux does not allow coredumps from threaded applications, and the
automatic stack-trace functionality in GNU libc apparently does not work
on Alpha processors....

Once we have written some documentation on our administative interface
and some other minor stuff we will begin playing around with "the next
generation", where our initial goal for the Squid part is to double the
performance from current ~10Mbit of live incoming internet traffic to at
least ~20Mbit per box using the same hardware configuration, and
hopefully also allow a larger cache size with the same amount of main
memory. Timeframe is set to be able to deliver within 6 monts.

/Henrik