Re: Squid NTLM authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 01:20:23 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> You mentioned in an email to squid-dev that you want to kill pump.c .
> It wouldn't be that hard to convert over to the non-copy version
> of storeClientCopy(), without causing you too much grief.

It's already killed by the design I had in that patch I meant to talk
about.. It is quite copy intensive (read, copy, possibly move to make
space in the read buffer, write) and there probably are better methods,
but I don't give this a high priority as it is only used for request
entities (PUT/POST), not replies.

> I'm working on some documentation of the Adrianified stoage manager
> which I'll be committing as soon as I get the hang of docbook. :)

Good.

Hmm.. I have been thinking about how we could make the programmers guide
a more natural part of the development. One idea I have is to split the
guide source up and put it in the relevant source files instead of
separately, and have a small pre-processor which collects the fragments
together and builds the book from it. This should make it easier to
remember to write/update the documentation while hacking as it gets more
visible to the "hacker". Any comments?

/Henrik